Want to play Mega Millions online? It is pretty simple. All you have to do is to select 5 main numbers from a guess range of 1 to 70, as well as an additional number, the Mega Ball, from a guess range of 1 to 25.
Whether you play Mega Millions online or offline, you have 2 options when it comes to choosing your numbers. You can either pick your own numbers manually or use the automated Quick Pick to receive a computer generated set of random numbers. Both options have their merits. Players have had success playing their own numbers like birthdays, anniversaries, or other lucky numbers. Some people use hot and cold numbers to make their choice. On the other hand, Quick Pick can be just as lucky and has a better chance of being a unique entry, meaning a jackpot winner with a Quick Pick entry is less likely to have to share their winnings. Either way, it is all in Lady Luck’s hands!
The Mega Millions Megaplier Option
Want to have the chance to boost your winnings’ value? Then, Megaplier is your friend! Don’t leave that box unchecked!
After selecting the numbers for your entry, you have the option to add the Megaplier. What is the Megaplier option? In short, it is a feature that multiplies non-jackpot prizes by 2 to 5 times. Considering that the Mega Millions prizes breakdown includes a $1 million second prize, it doesn’t take an MBA to see that a small investment in the Mega Millions Megaplier could yield a giant return.
Just image having the inspiration of adding Megaplier on your Mega Millions ticket. The Megaplier for the draw is 5. You matched all the 5 main numbers, but not the Mega Ball… You were so close, but it’s not all lost! You are still a multi-millionaires! You scoop $5 million!
Mega Millions Payouts
Is you are one of the lucky Mega Millions jackpot winners, you will have to decide whether to take the cash option or the annuity payment. It’s important to know that all jackpot amounts are quoted according to the annuity payment option. The cash or lump sum option will net a smaller amount. If a winner opts for the annuity option, they will receive their first payment immediately and subsequent payments every year for 29 years. Each annual payment will be 5% larger than the last, providing a hedge against inflation.
Where to Play Mega Millions in the US
In the United States, Mega Millions is offered in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and the US Virgin Islands. It is open to citizens and non-citizens alike over 18 years old.
Play Mega Millions from Overseas
Players outside of the US may buy Mega Millions tickets online through a lottery messenger service. This kind of service buys actual tickets from authorized retailers on behalf of the players. The messenger service safeguards the tickets and uploads a scanned copy to the player’s online account as a proof of purchase and ownership. A service fee is added to the price of the ticket. This is a great option for Americans travelling or living abroad, as well as anyone else in the world who would like to participate in Mega Millions draws. For players outside of the US, playing Mega Millions online is almost certainly the only viable option.
How to Play Mega Millions Online
Just as if you were standing face to face with a ticket seller, the question of how to play Mega Millions online has the same answer. You much choose 5 main numbers from a guess range of 1 to 70, plus an additional number from 1 to 25. The only difference is that, when playing from outside US, instead of doing this in a lottery retail outlet, you pick your numbers in the play grid. Follow the questions below, make up your mind and go ahead!
1. Are you going to buy an individual ticket or go for a syndicate? If you want to share a larger number of tickets with more players, you should definitely join a Mega Millions syndicate. If you want a one-time-entry, keep on reading!
2. How many lines are you going to play with? When you play online on theLotter, you can enter the Mega Millions draw with at least 3 lines. In the play grid, you can choose numbers for up to 25 lines at once, but there is no limit to how many US lottery tickets you can buy in total.
3. Do you want to multiply your prizes? Then, don’t forget to check the Megaplier box!
4. Do you want to play with all possible combinations of your numbers? On theLotter, you have the systematic form! What is it? A way to enter the draw with more than 5 numbers, covering all possible combinations between them. You have systematic forms of 7 to 11 numbers. So, if you want to boost your odds of winning prizes, this is the way to go.
5. Do you plan to play regularly? On theLotter, you also have the option to subscribe to the Mega Millions lottery. This means that you will participate in consecutive draws with every 10th ticket free. theLotter also offers the option of buying a multi-entry, an entry to a set amount of consecutive draws, and receive a discount. The discount is greater for larger Multi-draws, as you can see in the table below:
|5 Draws||10 Draws||15 Draws||25 Draws||52 Draws|
However you choose to play, as soon as the draw takes place, you’ll want to check the Mega Millions results to see if you’re a winner!